Module "Information Modelling"
Students at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities can take this certifiable module as part of their elective subjects. Several institutes feature the module as a recommendation in their own curricula, while others have included specific courses as mandatory. Upon completion of the required courses, students receive an official certificate issued by the university of Graz to document their additional qualification.
Module content includes
- Overview of basic aspects of electronic media and their technological, social and historical implications
- Training in structured and IT-based scientific text-production
- Training in basics and methods of XML-based technologies and electronic publishing of scientific sources and data
- Overview of models and methods for the database-based representation of scientific data
- (Basic) Data Modelling
- (Basic) Text Modelling
- Scientific Text Production and –reception
- Social and Historical Aspects of New Media
For further information on the course module and the certificate please contact the Centre's office.